Friday, June 6, 2014

Becky, Leesa and Kow have found a new home.

Today, I was able to find a good home for the Buckeye and two Orloffs. We are down to seven Orloffs now. That will save a little on feed.  I was shocked at how quickly they sold. Posted an ad at noon online, and they were purchased five hours later!  Granted, they are both rare breeds, and such loving chickens, so I guess I should not be surprised.  If I knew that I could regularly sell a few extra chickens each year, I might be tempted to do just that to get some of my investment back.

The rest of the flock is in a bit of a funk. Becky was their "leader" and now they seem a little lost without her.  The other two Orloffs were lowest on the pecking order, so they were a bit bewildered when I pulled them and Becky out to place them in a pen next to their fun run.... They were definitely wondering how to get back into the main pen. 

Hopefully, the seven will get back on track since I kept the Middle of the flock intact. I'm certain that the two just above Leesa and Kow are wondering what they did to deserve being relegated to the bottom of the pecking order.