Monday, December 5, 2022

Hatchery Brood for 2023

 

New Hatchery Order for the 2023 brood.  Am trying a different hatchery that is certified as NPIP. I ordered 50 all at once instead of the 20 to 25 that I typically order twice per year. The price of chicks went up again, and of course, shipping costs went up too.  Hoping to make this a more cost effective process. We have two brooders, and we can pull the pen into the garage if necessary. Going to go ahead and order my feed now so that I can write it off for this year and save a bit of money since feed prices keep going up. So, essentially, I'll need close to 300# of chick feed to get a brood of 50 girls started! Will get our meat birds around Easter time, and then, we'll be done with the baby chick process much sooner in the year. 


Chicken Breeds for 2023