Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Coop de Quarantine

I found a pretty inexpensive backyard coop through a pet store that was easy to assemble and should be able to hold a couple of chickens (at most) for a quarantine situation. With more chickens here on our little farm, I recognize that it increases our chances of having an injured chicken that will need isolation for a few days. I decided to be proactive and have something in place in the event of an emergency. It would be a good fit for the small backyard chicken farmer.  Could easily have two and possibly three standard hens in the coop at any one time. But a pen would be needed.
Product Image - Side Display
Product Image - back Display
Product Image - Front Display
My Assembly - Open Door Ramp
My Assembly - Inside Closed Door Ramp
My Assembly - Inside floor and perch
Inside Nesting Box
Vent above door/Screen
Plexiglass above door/screen closed