Sunday, April 25, 2021

End of April Garden Update 2021

The warmer temps followed by the cooler ones this week seemed to reset the growth stage for some of the plants. The mustard greens, spinach, chives, potatoes, and broccoli seemed to show the most growth this week. Go Figure? But I fixed our first spring salad with the mustard greens. Yay! The chickens love the mustard greens. 

Fingers crossed on the potatoes growing in the green house. Threw another layer of dirt on the Blue Potatoes.  They are only about a week behind the Red Potatoes.  I will pull the tarp off the square garden to get it prepared for the Russet seed potatoes next weekend. 

I have repotted some of the sweet bell pepper plants that have outgrown their start pots. So I think I will have at least four bell pepper plants survive for this year. The others are lagging behind. I can only do so much with that situation. But I'm not giving up hope just yet. 

The basil and tomato plants are in the greenhouse until we have more consistant weather.  I did leave the tomatoes outside last week when it was in the 70s. Now its in  the 50s. But we need the rain, so Not Complaining. 

Oh, yah, the clover that I planted out in the field last fall is finally coming up.  I assumed it died before it ever started. Yay!  

Enough positives this year to keep me more hopeful. 

Some photos from the "garden." 

New Garden Bed

Broccoli Cover/Protection

Broccoli Growing Fast Now

More Broccoli Growing Fast

Garlic and Onions in New Garden

Supposed to be Red Bunching Onions

Wintered over onions want to Bloom Now

GreenHouse Plants
Mustard Greens

Chives next to the Mustard

Red Potatoes Left/Blue Potatoes Right

Tomato Starts Left / Basil Starts Right