Sunday, May 16, 2021

Mid May 2021 Update

 The meat chicks and the pullets are growing quickly.  No pix of the pullets this time, but I spend "sit down" and talk time with them every evening. The meats, well, I don't talk with them really... that's too much bonding, but I do take photos of them so that I have some decent photoes when it comes time to try to sell them. 

Garden is growing quickly.  The russets are growing quickly. The photo of Thursday below is just the starts. They have double in size in three days. I did plant some carrots, radishes and bush beans.  I changed out the cover on the broccoli to netting so that they get more direct sunlight and don't get as warm inside the cover. I planted 14 pre-started corn seeds. I plan to plant seeds three times this spring to space out the harvest. I hope this works. 

Working on the tomato grow area.  I think I have a plan that will work. I'll update photos when I have it established.  It was too hot to finalize this weekend. I only have the north wind block in place. Hopefully by the end of the week.  

Netting around Broccoli

Russet Potato Starts

Meat Chickens Feed Trough

Cornish Cross Pullet

Cornish Cross Pullet front

Chicken still fits inside trough

Chill'n in the Feeder