Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Day 6 2019 - Corn Sprouts

Corn Status Update - More and more of the corn sprouts have been peeking up since the weekend. I now have 38 of the 40 seeds spouted which, even if the other two do not pop up, I have spare starts in the green house. 

We should be good with a thick crop of 5 x 8 corn stalks in my 4 x 8 corn bed. North to South, the seeds were planted 8 inches apart while East to West, the seeds were planted 10.5 inches apart. 

I found one tiny stalk/seed pulled out and laying on top of the soil.  I was able to replant it with one of the six starts I have in the green house which just started to pop up this morning. 

Weather prediction is that temps are going to drop from the highs of 70s-80sF to the low 60s for the next few days.  I have everything in place to cover the crop for those days with a floating row cover in my attempt to keep the soil warmer.  I will cover it tonight before the cold night temps set in. 


Day 6 of Corn Bed